ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - An Aberdeen man is charged with aggravated assault after a unintentional shooting, police say.
Deondre Fields, 22, sits in the Monroe County jail, charged with one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Aberdeen Interim Police Chief Quinell Shumpert says the shooting took place on January 9 in the 700 block of South Meridian Street.
He says three people were playing video games. The victim stated Fields was loading and unloading a gun when it fired and hit another person. The victim has since been released from the hospital.
Police say the shooting was unintentional, but Fields still faces the charge.
His bond was set at $10,000.
- Shooting lands Aberdeen man in jail
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen man arrested for drive-by shooting
- UPDATE: Man in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen police officer in jail for assault
- Auto burglary lands Oxford man in jail
- Person in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen alderman passes away