WEATHER AUTHORITY : Heat Advisory View Alerts

No injuries after couch catches fire in home

The fire is under investigation.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 6:45 AM
Updated: Jan 8, 2019 9:06 AM

PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - No injuries were reported after a couch caught fire in the back bedroom of a home on Baker Drive near Belden, confirmed Sherman Fire Chief Kyle Horton.

The Sherman Fire Department received the call Tuesday morning, he said. When they arrived on scene, firefighters noticed the fire was coming from the back bedroom.

Firefighters threw the couch through a window and put out the fire out within 10 minutes, Horton said.

The fire is under investigation.

Article Comments

Tupelo
Clear
92° wxIcon
Hi: 95° Lo: 73°
Feels Like: 101°
Columbus
Clear
91° wxIcon
Hi: 94° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 100°
Oxford
Clear
91° wxIcon
Hi: 94° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 97°
Starkville
Scattered Clouds
90° wxIcon
Hi: 91° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 98°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather