COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A driver is charged with fleeing from law enforcement officers in Columbus.
According to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department, deputies tried to stop a car late Tuesday morning at the intersection of 23rd Street North and 17th Avenue North.
Edwin David Williams | Photo: Lowndes County Sheriff's Department
The pursuit ended after the car ran off the road and overturned at the intersection of 15th Street North and 11th Avenue North.
Officers arrested the driver, Edwin Williams, 29, of Columbus.
Neither Williams nor his passenger was hurt.
The passenger is not facing charges.
- Sheriff's deputies arrest driver after Columbus pursuit
- Columbus collision injures reserve sheriff's deputy
- Troopers arrest driver after Tuesday pursuit
- Columbus man captured following multi-state pursuit
- Sheriff: Prentiss County deputies find drugs, arrest passed-out driver
- Sheriff: Motorcyclist dies after crash, pursuit
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Columbus driver's license station closed temporarily
- Car flips in Columbus, driver okay
- Columbus traffic accident sends driver to hospital