ASHLAND, Miss. (WTVA) - The sheriff of Benton County released the names of the two people whose bodies were found earlier this week in Benton County.
The bodies of Shaun Whitfield and Suzanne Crawly, both of Sardis, were found Wednesday afternoon.
Whitfield is believed to be in his mid-40s. Crawly is believed to be in her late-30s.
That word came from Sheriff Robby Goolsby who said some people riding four-wheelers discovered the bodies 20 feet off of Hebron Church Road in Lamar.
He added they made that discovery around 3:15 p.m.
Goolsby said his department and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation are working the case.
Benton County Coroner Larry Hobson initially confirmed the discovery of those two bodies.
Anyone with information can contact the Benton County Sheriff's Department at 662-539-1906.
- Sheriff identifies bodies found in Benton County
- Bodies of male, female found in Benton County
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- UPDATE: Body found in drainage channel identified
- Coroner identifies body found at Tupelo home
- Weir woman identified as body found in Oktibbeha County
- Body found in Tippah County
- Body found In Union County
- Sheriff: Body found in vehicle in Alcorn County
- Sheriff: Body found in Itawamba County, one person in custody