PITTSBORO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Calhoun County Sheriff's Department has set up a "Safe Exchange Zone" in front of their building.
“Sometimes, things don’t always work out, and parents are not getting along," Sheriff Greg Pollan said. "This is just a safe zone that they can use when handing off their children."
It can be used for more than just swapping kids for the weekend.
People who buy things online can meet sellers here to feel safer as well.
There are two designated parking spots. Three cameras are installed outside to keep an eye on the area at all times.
This place is available for anyone who needs it.
“This is just another way to serve the community of Calhoun County,” Pollan said.
- Sheriff creates ‘Safe Exchange Zone’ in Calhoun County
- Sheriff: Two bridges closed in Calhoun County
- Sheriff identifies victims of Calhoun double homicide
- Sheriff: Man dies in Calhoun County ATV accident
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Bridge closed in Calhoun County
- Troopers investigate Calhoun County crash
- Ole Miss, MSU cadets to meet Monday in Calhoun City for game ball exchange
- Sheriff: Missing teen found safe
- Several arrested during Calhoun County drug roundup