NOXUBEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A 19-year-old woman from Macon died in a Friday night car accident near the city.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says Isca Stewart was behind the wheel of a Honda Accord when it crashed around 10:45 p.m. roughly a half-mile north of Macon on Highway 145.
Initial word of the crash came from Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree.
MHP Master Sergeant Criss Turnipseed says the car left the road on the east side, overturned and caught fire.
According to Turnipseed, Stewart was thrown from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the site of the crash by Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Cahoun.
Troopers are handling the investigation into the crash.
- UPDATE: Name released of woman killed in Noxubee County crash
- Update: Son of Noxubee County Sheriff released from the hospital
- UPDATE: Noxubee schools remember teacher killed in crash
- Noxubee County supervisor dies
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate caught
- Noxubee County woman died in house fire
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- Police release four from Noxubee County after gas station shootout