VARDAMAN, Miss. (WTVA) – One man is facing a criminal charge after a reported threat leads to the lockdown of a school.
Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan says Vardaman schools were placed on lockdown Monday morning.
William Hubbard, Jr. | Photo: Calhoun County Jail
He says law enforcement received a report that William Hubbard, Jr., had threated to harm his wife.
His wife works as a teacher at the school and Vardaman police and the sheriff’s department requested the lockdown be initiated as a precaution.
Hubbard was located five miles away from the school at his home and was arrested on a domestic violence charge.
Pollan says at no time were students at the school in jeopardy.
- Sheriff: Vardaman schools placed on lockdown for domestic threat
- Sheriff: Vardaman man growing marijuana arrested
- Fire destroys Vardaman apartment complex
- Heavy winds damage Vardaman home
- Vardaman man accused of trailer break-in
- UPDATE: Missing Vardaman man found safe
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- Vardaman police search for shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Vardaman shooting suspect surrenders to police
- UPDATE: Accused Vardaman shooter back behind bars