HATLEY, Miss. (WTVA) - A teenager was shot in the elbow during an argument in Monroe County.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said the incident happened Monday night near Hatley, which is east of Amory.
He said two teenagers got into an argument about a girl and one teenager shot the other.
Cantrell did not identify the individuals.
He said a youth court system will handle the case.
- Sheriff: Teenager wounded in Monroe County shooting
- Sheriff: Woman wounded in accidental shooting
- Man charged with wounding nephew in Monroe County
- Sheriff: Louisiana man abducted Monroe County girl
- Five wounded in Attala County club shooting
- Man charged in Monroe County shooting
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- UPDATE: Monroe shooting follow-up
- Monroe County sheriff warns of rising phone caller scams
- Sheriff: Man injured in Monroe County stabbing incident