UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A Union County teenager is in a Memphis hospital and deputies continue to search for the driver who hit him.
Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards says a 16-year-old was out trying to round up his dogs around 10 p.m. Thursday night.
He says the boy told deputies he was hit by a car and the driver kept going.
Edwards says the accident happened on County Road 278 between Beacon Hill and Blue Springs.
The boy was taken to the hospital and then carried by air ambulance to LeBonheur Children’s Hospital. Edwards does not believe the injuries are life-threatening.
He says they are not sure of the make or model of the car involved in the accident.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Union County Sheriff's Department.
- Sheriff: Teen in hospital following Union County hit-and-run
- UPDATE: Missing Union County teen located
- Panola County teen fighting for life after hit-and-run
- Sheriff: Missing Bolivar County teen found
- Alcorn Sheriff: Teen crashes into light pole, hospitalized
- Sheriff: Missing teen found safe
- Fire damages Union County home
- Body found In Union County
- Noxubee County investigates hit-and-run that injured man
- Suspect wanted in Lowndes County hit-and-run