PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Prentiss County deputies arrested a man after he was found passed out in his truck with multiple drugs in his possession according to the sheriff.
Deputies responded to the scene on County Road 5111 on Monday night, August 13, Sheriff Randy Tolar said.
He said deputies discovered Xanax, Viagra and methamphetamine in the possession of Christopher Guy Adams, 49, of Baldwyn.
Adams has been charged with both, felony and misdemeanor, possession of controlled substance.
Tolar said Adams was on active parole from the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) and remains in custody with an MDOC hold.
Adams' bond was set at $7,500 on the felony (methamphetamine) charge and $1,000 on the misdemeanor narcotics violations.
A narcotics investigator along with North Mississippi Narcotics will be handling the case and will present it to the next Grand Jury in October.
- Sheriff: Prentiss County deputies find drugs, arrest passed-out driver
- Former Prentiss County Sheriff Brumley passes away
- Sheriff: Prentiss County struggle results in drug arrest
- Prentiss County charges three with drugs
- Two arrested in separate Prentiss County drug cases
- Woman arrested in Prentiss County on drug, gun charges
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County supervisor arrested for DUI
- Child abuse arrest made in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries