CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was reportedly shot in the head during the morning near the Chickasaw/Lee County line.
Chickasaw County Sheriff Jim Meyers says the person was found in a roadway by a passerby. The scene is on County Line Road near County Road 54.
He says the call came into 911 sometime near 5 a.m.
The victim is identified as Lafayette Copeland, 26, of Tupelo.
Meyers says the victim is in surgery after suffering three gunshot wounds to the head.
According to the sheriff, the victim knows the shooter, but the victim is not revealing the identity.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Chickasaw County Sheriff's Department at 662-456-2339.
This is a developing story and this article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Search on for Chickasaw County shooter
- UPDATE: Search continues for missing girl in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- UPDATE: Houston police searching for shooter
- UPDATE: Chickasaw highway back open after accident
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Chickasaw County murder trial
- UPDATE: Body pulled from Chickasaw County pond; victim ID'd
- UPDATE: Chickasaw County man killed in Winston wreck
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County