FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - The motorcyclist who crashed during a law enforcement pursuit on Wednesday has died.
Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson said Joel Davis Jr., 29, died Wednesday night.
The sheriff said Davis was speeding on Culver Road and an Itawamba County sheriff’s deputy tried to stop him.
Previous Article - Motorcyclist crashes while trying to elude law enforcement
The ensuing pursuit entered Monroe County.
Dickinson said the motorcyclist performed wheelies at times during the pursuit and would intentionally slow down and speed away on a gravel road.
Davis crashed when his motorcycle hit a loose patch of gravel, the sheriff said.
Dickinson also said the 29-year-old was wanted on a felony warrant in Lee County for felony fleeing.
The motorcycle's tag had also been switched, the sheriff added.
- Sheriff: Motorcyclist dies after crash, pursuit
- Crash claims life of New Albany motorcyclist
- Sheriff's deputies arrest driver after Columbus pursuit
- Mississippi motorcyclist dies after hit by state trooper
- Suspect crashes during Lee County pursuit
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists
- Motorcyclist injured in Tupelo accident
- Motorcyclist crashes while trying to elude law enforcement
- AL troopers identify motorcyclist killed in wreck
- Motorcyclist taken to ER after Tupelo wreck