ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is in the hospital and another man is in custody following a stabbing incident in Monroe County.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says the incident happened Thursday night at approximately 10:21 on Coontail Road.
Michael Cole | Photo: Monroe County Jail
He says two men got into an altercation.
Cantrell says the suspect, Michael Cole, is in custody.
The unnamed victim was taken to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
Cole, 31, of Amory, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
This is a developing story.
- Sheriff: Man injured in Monroe County stabbing incident
- Monroe sheriff: Woman stabbed, possibly shot
- Incident ruled suicide in Monroe County
- Sheriff: Louisiana man abducted Monroe County girl
- UPDATE: Monroe County stabbing suspect arrested
- Man wounded in Tupelo stabbing incident
- Columbus police investigate stabbing incident
- Sheriff: Teenager wounded in Monroe County shooting
- Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell steps down
- Monroe County supervisors name interim sheriff