ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is in the hospital and another man is in custody following a stabbing incident in Monroe County.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says the incident happened Thursday night at approximately 10:21 on Coontail Road.
Michael Cole | Photo: Monroe County Jail
He says two men got into an altercation.
Cantrell says the suspect, Michael Cole, is in custody.
The unnamed victim was taken to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
Cole, 31, of Amory, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
This is a developing story.
- Sheriff: Man injured in Monroe County stabbing incident
- Incident ruled suicide in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Monroe County stabbing suspect arrested
- Man wounded in Tupelo stabbing incident
- Columbus police investigate stabbing incident
- Monroe County man injured in Alabama train collision
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Sheriff: Man dead in Monroe County home invasion
- Monroe County authorities investigate two separate shooting incidents
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County