TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A New Albany man is accused of trying to bond out of jail by using counterfeit money.
Jacob Shane Coleman, 25, was taken to the Lee County jail this past weekend after Tupelo police arrested him for shoplifting.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson says Coleman tried to post a bond using counterfeit $100 bills.
As a result, Coleman was charged with false pretense.
Johnson says Coleman has a previous criminal history of burglary and was out on probation when this incident occurred.
- Sheriff: Man uses counterfeit money in attempt to bond out of jail
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Houston police investigating reports of counterfeit money
- Okolona police warn of counterfeit money
- Two arrested in counterfeiting case
- Sheriff expresses concerns about Lee County jail
- Kosciusko police look for man accused of passing counterfeit check
- Corinth man pleads not guilty in counterfeit goods case
- Police: Man charged with shooting previously out on bond for attempted murder
- Arrest made for Columbus counterfeit check