ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - A Louisiana man is accused of abducting a teenage girl from her home in Monroe County.
The 13-year-old girl had been last seen Friday night in the 41000 block of Highway 8 East.
The state issued an Endangered/Missing Child Alert on Saturday, and she was later found safe.
According to the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, she was believed to be traveling with a man who was identified as “Ron.”
On Monday, Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell confirmed the man, identified as Ronald Latiolais, was arrested in Gonzales, Louisiana.
Cantrell said that the a window screen was cut in the girls room and then Latiolais took her to Louisiana.
Latiolais, 23, was booked into the Ascension Parish jail Saturday evening.
According to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office, he is charged with indecent behavior with juveniles, which is a felony.
According to Cantrell, it appears the two met over the internet.
Latiolais faces the following charges in Monroe County: kidnapping and sexual assault of a minor.
- Sheriff: Louisiana man abducted Monroe County girl
- Ole Miss defeats Louisiana-Monroe 70-21
- Sheriff: Teenager wounded in Monroe County shooting
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Sheriff: Man injured in Monroe County stabbing incident
- Sheriff: Man dead in Monroe County home invasion
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife
- Hamilton man wanted by Monroe County investigators
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe