IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - An Iuka man is accused of fleeing Tishomingo County deputies through a field, then jumping into a swimming pool resulting in his arrest for drugs.
Ronald Loyd Wadkins, 50, was arrested on Monday, May 28 by Tishomingo County deputies.
Tishomingo County Sheriff John Daugherty says deputies attempted to stop Wadkins on Highway 25 North for careless driving.
Daugherty says Wadkins drove across oncoming traffic and through a field before stopping at a nearby house and jumping into a pool.
Deputies removed him from the pool and arrested him.
During the arrest, officers say they found meth on Wadkins. As a result, he was charged with possession of meth.
- Sheriff: Iuka man flees deputies, attempts to hide in swimming pool
- Okolona looks to restore old swimming pool
- Sheriff: Missing Iuka man found safe in Alabama
- Sheriff: Drugs found in pants of Iuka man
- Tishomingo County deputy hit by fleeing vehicle
- Iuka man faces drug-related charge
- Iuka man sentenced for child sex activity
- Iuka man charged with burglary, grand larceny
- Iuka man arrested for illegal gun possession
- Iuka man charged with possessing stolen property