Update 11/23/18 5:12 a.m.
Darrell Harper has been captured, according to the Noxubee County Sheriff's office.
Harper is being held in Benton County, where he was captured Thursday afternoon, Sheriff Terry Grassarree said.
This article will be updated as we learn more.
Update 11/20/18 2:02 p.m.
The escapee has been identified as Darrell Harper, 20, from Benton County.
He is described as 5'10" and weighs 175 pounds. He is a black male with a medium complexion.
The Macon Police Department says Harper jumped the fence and escaped into a heavily-wooded area.
The Noxubee County Community Work Center is located at 212 Industrial Park Road in Macon.
According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections, Harper was convicted on two counts of residential burglary in 2017.
See the original post below.
MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - An inmate has escaped from the Noxubee County Community Work Center.
The Noxubee County Sheriff's Department alerted the public by posting the following information to its Facebook page.
Law enforcement is searching for the inmate.
At this time, a name or description of the inmate is unknown. We're working to gather that information. However, the sheriff's department did describe the inmate as a male.
The sheriff's department urges people to lock all doors and dial 911 to report any suspicious activities.
This is a developing story and this will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate caught
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- Alabama inmate captured hours after escape
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- UPDATE: Inmate captured after escaping from detention center
- UPDATE: One out of two Noxubee County inmates surrender after escaping
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted