WOODLAND, Miss. (WTVA) - A fatal shooting in Chickasaw County has been ruled accidental.
Chickasaw County Sheriff James Meyers said the shooting happened overnight on County Road 83 in Woodland.
Coroner Michael Fowler said the man died of a gunshot wound to his side torso and he pronounced the man dead.
The coroner later identified the man as James Wayne Johnson, 51.
Fowler said Johnson lived on the road.
Editor's Note: This article was modified to include the shooting victim's name.
- Accidental shooting kills man in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County shooting
- UPDATE: Chickasaw County man killed in Winston wreck
- Conviction appeal denied for Chickasaw County man
- Boy dies in accidental shooting
- Starkville shooting incident ruled accidental
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- Police say Alabama teen killed in accidental shooting
- Chickasaw deputies: Man busted for cocaine, $5K
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County