MYRTLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was treated at a hospital after being attacked by his three pit bulls.
Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the incident happened late Thursday morning at the victim's home on County Road 2 near Myrtle.
The victim, John Blue, said the attack happened when he was leaving the bathroom. He said the dogs jumped on him and tried to bite his neck.
He credited his other dog, named Hercules, for saving his life. He said Hercules attacked the pit bulls.
Blue suffered injuries across his body.
Blue said he and his son raised the dogs together and he is not sure what caused the sudden attack. He said the dogs had played rough with him before, but nothing like this.
All three dogs have been euthanized and are being tested for rabies.
- Myrtle man recovering after dog attack
- Musician Mac McAnally recovering from heart attack
- Man convicted of manslaughter for dog attacks
- Man convicted of manslaughter following dog attacks
- Man sentenced in dog attack deaths
- Myrtle man accused of vehicle theft in Oxford
- Traffic stop lands Myrtle man behind bars for drugs
- Chop shop in Myrtle shut down
- Myrtle teacher waives probable cause hearing
- Troopers: 18-wheeler goes off road near Myrtle