Update 08/07/18 12:51 p.m.
Chickasaw County Coroner Michael Fowler identifies the victim as David Lee Outlaw, Jr., 35, of Macon.
Update 08/07/18 9:38 a.m.
A body was recovered from a catfish pond in Chickasaw County.
Chickasaw County EMA Director Linda Griffin and Coroner Michael Fowler describe this as a drowning accident.
Officials were dispatched to the pond at approximately 7:33 a.m. The body was found at 8:37 a.m. The identity of the body has not been released.
The location is along Highway 45 Alternate near County Road 318.
Officials say this was a work-related incident on privately-owned land.
Monroe County dive teams and Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks helped in the search.
See the original post below.
CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Chickasaw County Sheriff Jim Meyers confirms his department is searching for a person who possibly drowned in a catfish pond in the county.
According to Meyers, a dive team is heading to the pond to assist in the search.
The exact location is unknown at this time.
WTVA's Kayla Thompson is on her way to the scene. Stay with WTVA 9 News for updates on this developing story.
- UPDATE: Body pulled from Chickasaw County pond; victim ID'd
- UPDATE: Second Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: One Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Shooting victim ID'd following Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'd in Tupelo chase
- UPDATE: Dead Oxford robbery suspect ID'd
- UPDATE: Second person ID'd following Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- UPDATE: Search on for Chickasaw County shooter
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County shooting