WINONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A boy is recovering after being mauled by six dogs near Winona.
Montgomery County Sheriff Bubba Nix said the dogs attacked 12-year-old Aden Green on Friday as he was riding a bike along Sawyer Road.
Nix said the dogs managed to pull Green off his bike and pulled him into a ditch.
Another boy and his father arrived and managed to beat the dogs away using jumper cables and hammers.
The sheriff said Green was transported to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson and was put in a medically-induced coma following surgery.
On Wednesday, Nix said Green is out of the coma but is heavily sedated.
Nix said the dogs were rounded up and euthanized. He later confirmed the dogs tested negative for rabies.
- Man convicted of manslaughter for dog attacks
- Man convicted of manslaughter following dog attacks
- Man sentenced in dog attack deaths
- Myrtle man recovering after dog attack
- Fundraiser for dog attack victim draws hundreds
- UPDATE: Missing Clarksdale boy found
- Sheriff: Grenada County woman attacked, killed by dogs
- UPDATE: MBI cancels missing child alert for boys