ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A body was found inside a vehicle Monday afternoon in Alcorn County.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell says the body was found sometime near 3:45 p.m. near the intersection of County Road 550 and County Road 518.
Caldwell says the vehicle caught fire.
He says it looks like the person drove partially off the road and into a ditch and could not get out when the fire started.
Caldwell says investigators do not suspect foul play at this time. The name of the person has not been released.
But according to family and friends, 68-year-old Sammie Tyra, was the last known person to drive the vehicle.
The Alcorn County Sheriff's Department is investigating.
Alcorn County Coroner Jay Jones says the body has been sent off for an autopsy.
- Sheriff: Body found in vehicle in Alcorn County
- Child struck by vehicle in Alcorn County
- Teen injured after losing control of vehicle in Alcorn County
- House fire in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- Sheriff: Two people found dead with apparent gunshot wounds in Alcorn County
- Body found in Tippah County
- Body found In Union County
- No injuries in Alcorn County business fire
- Alcorn County fires remain a mystery