KEMPER COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - At least three people have died and several others were injured in a multi-vehicle wreck in Kemper County, WTOK-TV reports.
The wreck happened Wednesday afternoon on Highway 45 between Porterville and Lauderdale.
The wreck forced the closure of the highway.
Kemper County Sheriff James Moore described the scene as “chaos,” The Associated Press reported.
He said one of the vehicles involved was a school bus that was empty.
This marks the second tragedy this week in Kemper County.
A wreck on Monday killed eight people on Highway 16, east of Scooba.
Editor's Note: This article has been modified to include a link to an article that has the names of the deceased victims.
- Another fatal wreck reported in Kemper County
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- 2 from Southaven, 1 from Iowa killed in Kemper County wreck
- Fatal Tishomingo County wreck under investigation
- Man dies after Lowndes County fatal wreck
- State identifies 8 dead in Kemper County collision
- Head-on collision kills 8 people in Kemper County
- Fatal Winona wreck on I-55
- UPDATE: Injuries reported in Itawamba County wreck
- Fatal crash reported in Benton County