YALOBUSHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A young boy died Monday following a tragic ATV accident, according to authorities.
Yalobusha County Sheriff Lance Humphreys says the incident happened off of County Road 82 outside of Coffeville around 5:30 p.m.
Humphreys identifies the boy as 9-year-old boy Richard Taylor Campbell.
Authorities say the child was in the ATV and riding on a pond levee at the time of the accident.
The third-grader was a student at Grenada Elementary School and attended First Baptist Church in Coffeeville.
A visitation will be held at McKibben and Guinn Funeral Service in Grenada from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday.
Another visitation will be held one hour prior to the service Thursday at First Baptist Church in Coffeeville.
- Sheriff: 9-year-old boy dies following ATV accident
- Sheriff: Man dies in Calhoun County ATV accident
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- Fatal ATV accident in Tippah County
- Sheriff: Girl shot by boy dies
- Lee Co. deputies respond to fatal ATV accident
- Father, son killed in ATV accident laid to rest
- Hickory Flat man dies in weekend ATV wreck
- Boy dies in accidental shooting
- Man and 7-year-old son die in ATV accident in Chickasaw County