GRENADA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A 70-year-old woman has died after she was attacked by six dogs on Thursday, according to Sheriff Alton Strider.
Diane Reves died in her backyard along Carpenter Road when the mutt-lab-mixed dogs attacked her, he said. The dogs belong to someone who lives down the street from Reeves.
At this time, the dogs are at a pound and their owner has not been cited, Strider said. This is an ongoing investigation. The dogs will be analyzed by a veterinarian.
"It's really awful," Reves' co-worker and friend Shirley Holiday said. "She retired about five years ago and she was just looking so forward to it. She had plans."
Holiday described her friend as sweet and well-respected. She added Reves worked as an "infection control nurse" at a local hospital.
- Sheriff: Grenada County woman attacked, killed by dogs
- Grenada County sheriff arrests two in kidnapping, beating investigation
- Wife of Grenada County sheriff injured in wreck
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- Grenada student killed in weekend wreck
- Woman dies following 'freak accident' in Grenada County
- UPDATE: Man, woman found shot to death in Grenada County
- Two charged in Grenada County beating
- Sheriff: Man uses vehicle to attack woman in Tishomingo County