(WTVA) - Three shelters have been opened for victims of the weekend tornadoes and flooding.
In Columbus, it's at the Townsend Community Center on 15th Street N.
In Tupelo, it's in the north hall of the BancorpSouth Arena in rooms 3-5.
In Pittsboro, it's at the Calhoun County Multi-Purpose Center at 121 Parker Street in Pittsboro.
The Red Cross has advice for people on what to bring to a shelter:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Identification to show residence is in the affected area and important personal documents
- Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies, and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula, and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself