ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said an injured woman was found overnight on the side of the highway.
Cantrell said Monroe County sheriff's deputies responded to a call of a woman who suffered a stab wound and may have been shot.
She was found on Highway 45 near the Lee County line.
He said a good Samaritan, who passed by the woman, stopped to call law enforcement.
At last check, Cantrell confirmed the woman is alive.
This article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Monroe sheriff: Woman stabbed, possibly shot
- Sheriff: Man injured in Monroe County stabbing incident
- Child shot in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Monroe County stabbing suspect arrested
- Sheriff: Louisiana man abducted Monroe County girl
- Sheriff: Teenager wounded in Monroe County shooting
- Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell steps down
- Monroe County supervisors name interim sheriff
- UPDATE: Monroe County deputies continue search for stabbing suspect
- Monroe County wreck sends woman to hospital