SHANNON, Miss. (WTVA) - Shannon Middle School students are returning back to class after being evacuated due to a blown transformer.
Lee County School District spokesman Robert Byers says the transformer blew behind the school. The building did not catch fire.
The evacuation was a precautionary measure. No one was hurt.
- Shannon Middle students evacuated due to blown transformer, no injuries
- Students evacuated from Starkville middle school due to gas leak
- Nurses bring prom to Shannon student
- Shannon man faces drug charges
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found
- Shannon police find cocaine, make arrest
- Shannon collision sends two to hospital
- General Atomics in Shannon expanding, creates jobs
- Some in Shannon experiencing sewage smell
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money