TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Security cameras are beginning to be installed in public places throughout Tupelo.
WTVA’s Evan Hensley came across one at Ballard Park.
Cameras are planned to be set up at Ballard Park, Veterans Park, Tupelo city hall, Tupelo municipal court, the Metro Fuel Station and the Tupelo Aquatic Center.
"It's pretty good for safety for the kids from the water, the ducks and all that,” Resident Jonathan Patterson said.
It is unclear when these cameras will be operatorial and how many more need to be set up.
- Security cameras set up in Tupelo
- Tupelo installing cameras in public areas
- Tupelo receives grant to boost security
- Report: New security cameras coming to Oktibbeha County jail
- Tupelo city leaders approve surveillance cameras in parks
- Tupelo road closure set for Saturday in Tupelo
- Tupelo interchange construction set for spring completion
- Weather spotter class set for Tupelo
- Funeral arrangements set for Tupelo police detective
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect