COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A suspect wanted for accessory after the fact in a recent Columbus homicide case has been captured.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton said Damorio Sanchez Price-Ewing is in custody and being held without bail.
Investigators said 18-year-old Xavier Dora was shot at an abandoned home on 17th Street and 5th Avenue South on Dec. 19.
The Chief said at least five people were inside the abandoned home. Investigators believe the group was engaged in some kind of illegal activity.
Shaquavus White, 18, of West Point, has already been charged with manslaughter in connection to Dora's death.
Shelton said Price-Ewing was taken into custody in Monroe County. He was taken into custody without incident and is being held in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
“We will not be releasing any other details on this case at this time other than saying he is in custody. He was arrested near 7 p.m. this evening, Thursday, January 2, 2020," Shelton said.
- Columbus police arrest suspect in homicide investigation
- Second suspect arrested in Columbus homicide
- Arrest made in Columbus homicide
- Report: Indiana homicide suspect arrested in Starkville
- Homicide rate drops in Columbus in 2017
- Columbus police investigate homicide after body discovered
- Columbus police identify shooting suspect
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Columbus police arrest accused arsonist
- UPDATE: Columbus Cracker Barrel shooting suspect arrested in Tennessee