JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi State Department of Health confirms a second pediatric flu death for the 2017-2018 flu season.
The death occurred in Central Mississippi.
Pediatric deaths are defined as deaths of individuals under the age of 18.
The first death was reported in South Mississippi in late-January.
There have been a total of 18 pediatric flu deaths reported in Mississippi since pediatric flu deaths became reportable in the 2008-2009 flu season.
As of February 10, there have been 84 pediatric flu deaths reported this season nationwide.
- Second pediatric flu death confirmed this season
- MSDH reports first pediatric flu death of 2017-2018 season
- Mississippi records third pediatric flu death of 2017-18 season
- State health officials confirm first pediatric flu death of 2018-2019 season
- County health clinics now have pediatric flu vaccine
- Pediatric flu shots available at MSDH county clinics
- NMMC moving its pediatrics unit
- Mississippi health lab confirms first flu case of season
- Second tornado-related death confirmed in Columbus
- Flu season off to a slow start