GUNTOWN, Miss. (WTVA) - A kangaroo is on the run in the Lee County area.
John Mark Johnson is the owner of a traveling petting zoo and said the kangaroo escaped on Tuesday afternoon in Guntown.
Johnson and others have been trying to locate the marsupial by flying a drone.
He believes the animal could be anywhere from Baldwyn to Tupelo, including Guntown and Saltillo.
The unnamed kangaroo is very shy.
Do not try to capture the kangaroo, Johnson said. Instead, call 662-401-2738.
- Search underway for missing kangaroo in Lee County
- No luck finding missing Lee County kangaroo
- UPDATE: Search continues for missing man in Lee County
- Search underway for Hinds County inmate discovered missing
- Search underway for missing EMCC student in Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Missing Lee County woman found safe
- Missing child recovered in Lee County
- UPDATE: Missing Lee County woman found
- Search underway for south Mississippi escapee
- 31-year-old man reported missing in Lee County