Note: This article was modified on May 2 to include the suspect's name.
PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - A person is in custody following Tuesday afternoon's shooting incident in Pontotoc County.
The Pontotoc County Sheriff's Department confirmed the arrest on Wednesday morning.
The person was later identified as Margie Ramirez, confirmed the sheriff's department.
However, no further information has been released at this time.
Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said the shooting was reported on Salmon Road.
Mask said the victim was taken to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
He described this as a domestic situation.
The sheriff said South Pontotoc School was placed on a brief lockdown due to the proximity of the shooting.
- Pontotoc County shooting suspect is in custody
- Oxford shooting suspect in custody
- Troopers: Suspect arrested after Pontotoc County chase
- Sheriff: Two shootings reported in Pontotoc County
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody for Winona shooting
- UPDATE: Kosciusko shooting suspects now in custody
- UPDATE: Corinth shooting suspect in custody
- September shooting suspect in custody, per Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office
- Suspect in custody after Tishomingo County chase
- Clay County sexual battery suspect in custody