ACKERMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - School officials at Ackerman Elementary moved students away from an apparent gas leak.
Assistant Principal Terry Bellew said school officials detected the odor of natural gas at the end of a hallway.
He said the problem appears to be a rusted pipe that is underground one end of the building.
They notified the school’s service provider, Atmos Energy, who advised school officials to move students from four classrooms so repairs could be made.
Students from two classrooms were moved to the playground.
Two more classes were moved to another part of the building.
Principal Samantha Kelly posted an update Wednesday evening to the Choctaw County Schools' Facebook page.
"There is no danger to any students or staff," she stated.