TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County School District is warning local businesses of someone making calls claiming to be with the school district.
District spokesman Robert Byers said this person is asking for donations to the schools in exchange for advertisement.
“Our schools will never ask a business for donations of any kind over the phone,” stated the district in a tweet.
Byers said if a business does receive this type of phone call, they are encouraged to reach out to the district's central office to approve it.
- Lee County School District gives warning about fraudulent calls
- Starkville police warn of fraudulent IRS calls
- 12 fraudulent checks discovered in Monroe County
- Lee County School District closed Monday and Tuesday
- Lee County School District sets weather make-up days
- Sheriff looks for more officers in Lee County School District
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam
- Sheriff issues warning about Lee County scam
- Lee County residents warned about phone scam
- Lee County sheriff warns about scam