CORNITH, Miss. (WTVA) - Michael Shane Casabella pleaded guilty to three child sex charges.
One charge was for fondling, one for child enticement and another for sexual battery.
District Attorney John Weddle says Casabella will serve eight years day-for–day in a state correctional facility.
Weddle says that victims were pleased with the plea deal and that letters from victims were read alound in court.
The former school administrator at a small north Corinth private school was found guilty.
The district attorney says it took courage for the initial victim to come forward as many in the community did not believe her.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell says Casabella will begin serving his sentence in a Rankin County facility.
- Former school administrator pleads guilty to sex crimes.
- Aberdeen man arrested for sex crimes
- Man charged with sex crimes in Verona
- UPDATE: Man faces sex crimes in Guntown
- Oxford man charged with child sex crime
- Corinth man charged with child sex crime
- Sex offender faces sex crimes in Lee County and Georgia
- Man pleads not guilty to killing birds
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty to cab driver's death