TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) -- A scam is affecting customers of Tombigbee Electric.
General Manager Bill Long says they have seen a huge increase of scam calls within the viewing area.
Long says the callers are threatening service cutoffs if cash is not sent to the caller.
The power company says they will not solicit its members for payment via a phone call.
- Scam targets Tombigbee Electric customers
- Power outage hits Tombigbee customers
- Tombigbee Electric workers help following Hurricane Michael
- Tombigbee Electric workers return after helping on Miss. Gulf Coast following hurricane
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Starkville Utilities warns customers about phone scam
- Phone scam targeting businesses in Tupelo
- 2 high school students drowned in Tombigbee River in Alabama
- Pontotoc Electric advises customers to be aware when paying online