PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask says his office has received multiple calls from residents saying a scammer called them claiming to be the sheriff's department.
The scammer is asking residents to donate money to the sheriff's department.
They are also pretending to be the warrant division and claim the resident owed money for outstanding warrants.
The sheriff says none of this is true and his department would not call regarding a warrant.
If someone calls you asking for donations to the sheriff's office or asking for money for a warrant, you are asked to call the Pontotoc County Sheriff's Department.
- Sheriff issues warning about scam callers in Pontotoc County
- Monroe County sheriff warns of rising phone caller scams
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Oxford police issue phone scam warning
- Tupelo Water & Light issues warning about scam
- Sheriff: Two shootings reported in Pontotoc County
- Pontotoc County Library warns of suspicious calls
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam