STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department is alerting residents about a phone scam.
The department says on its Facebook page people have been getting calls saying there was a warrant for their arrest and a Money Pack Visa card was needed to pay a fine.
The sheriff's department says it will never ask for or accept payments over the phone.
It also won't accept any payments by credit card.
- Scam alert out for Oktibbeha County residents
- Oktibbeha County residents clean up after storms
- Oktibbeha County officials warn of apparent tax scam
- Residents in Oktibbeha County urged to lock vehicles
- Oktibbeha County resident reacts to Longview Road project
- Lee County residents warned about phone scam
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- AG Hood alerts consumers about computer scams
- Lane closures expected in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County bridge closed for repairs