TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Despite the recent need for help with restocking their pantry shelves, the Salvation Army in Tupelo is laying the foundation for a new building.
The new building will house 50 people as well as six families.
Families are now able to stay together regardless of age.
Whereas in the previous shelter, once a child turned 18, they had to move into a separate living space.
Construction crews are also renovating the older building and creating two family rooms.
Officials with the Salvation Army say they are excited about the new building.
Tupelo's Salvation Army is located on Carnation Street.
- Salvation Army lays foundation for new building in Tupelo
- Salvation Army of Tupelo needs angels returned
- Heat, summer break causing shortages at Tupelo Salvation Army
- Salvation Army's new homeless shelter opening soon in Tupelo
- Salvation Army volunteers prep for Thanksgiving feast
- Salvation Army Thanksgiving lunch moved to new location
- Toyota workers donate toys, money to Salvation Army
- Salvation Army desperately needs a new box truck
- Toyota makes big donation to Salvation Army Angel Tree
- Local employees help Salvation Army this holiday season