Update 05/06/19 12:50 p.m.
According to the Mississippi State Department of Health, this boil water alert was lifted on Monday, May 6.
The water from this system is now safe to drink.
Original post below
SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - A boil water alert was issued for some people in Saltillo.
Saltillo Mayor Rex Smith said the alert affected the town's water customers on:
- Northfield Drive
- Hill Drive
- Any customers on Highway 145, north of Northfield Drive. This extends to the end of the water system.
Smith said the town’s water system suffered a broken water main.
And while crews made repairs, they lost water pressure to the area
- MSDH: Saltillo lifts boil water alert
- MSDH: Some in Saltillo advised to boil their water
- Cason Water lifts boil water alert
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- UPDATE: Boil water alert could be lifted for Tupelo Saturday
- UPDATE: Boil-water alert lifted for Town of Vaiden
- Boil water alert lifted in the Nettleton area
- Boil water alert issued for some, lifted for others
- UPDATE: Boil water alert for Blue Mtn. has been lifted
- Boil water alert lifted for some in Chickasaw County