STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District has hired Dr. Cheyenne Trussell as the district’s new director of athletics.
The school district made the announcement Monday, December 4.
The district says Trussell was hired on a recommendation from Superintendent Eddie Peasant during a special called board meeting Monday at noon.
The Jackson State University graduate has previously served as a coach, teacher and principal. He most recently served as the Executive Director of Student Services and Activities for Hattiesburg Public Schools.
He will be introduced on Wednesday, December 6 at 2:15 p.m. at the Starkville High School library.
He replaces retiring athletic director Milton Smith.
- SOCSD names Trussell as new director of athletics
- Longtime Mooreville athletic director, basketball coach retires
- Nunez named director of HIM at NMMC
- TPSD names Ellis new director of communications for district
- Mississippi's emergency director resigns
- Saltillo Public Works director resigns
- TCPS athletes volunteer in community
- EMCC names interim president
- Local choir director charged with DUI
- Sessions fires former FBI Deputy Director McCabe