CHICKASAW-MONROE COUNTY LINE, Miss. (WTVA) - A man whose disappearance triggered a Silver Alert Monday afternoon has been found dead.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says Gale Russell Jones, 69, of Okolona, was discovered along County Line Road between Okolona and Shannon late Monday afternoon.
According to the sheriff, the man's truck ran off the road and was discovered on the side of a creek.
He was last seen on Sunday sometime near 6:30 a.m. on Okolona Road in Monroe County.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation issued a Silver Alert before 4 p.m. Monday.
More than an hour later, law enforcement revealed that Jones's body had been discovered.
- SHERIFF: Subject of Silver Alert found dead between Okolona, Shannon
- UPDATE: Columbus man subject of Silver Alert found safe
- New Albany man subject of silver alert found safe in Alabama
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found
- UPDATE: MBI cancels silver alert; Jackson man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona teen found safe
- Silver Alert issued for Batesville man
- Silver Alert canceled for missing man
- Silver Alert issued for south Mississippi woman