NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - What would you do if you kept getting phone calls and texts from people you did not know?
One Monroe County woman says she has been receiving calls from numbers all over the state since Friday morning.
"I want it to stop because it is not me," Diane Englehardt said.
Englehardt is overwhelmed by the dozens of calls that keep rolling in.
"From Iuka, Yazoo City and Eupora," she said, just to name a few.
People have left her voicemails saying they received a call from her.
She says the message that has her frightened the most is this one -
The message says, "Yes I was returning your call I love you give me a call back."
"I'm scared," Englehardt said. "This is scary."
Englehardt believes callers will begin getting angry because she doesn't know what they are receiving from her number.
She has never answered any of the phone calls and has contacted the Monroe County Sheriffs Department.
Englehardt tells WTVA deputies gave her advice and told her if she started to receive threats, to let them know.
Englehardt plans to change her number and even purchase a new phone by Monday.
- SCAM or HACK: Woman receives dozens of calls and texts from people claiming she is contacting them
- Trustmark warns of phone, text scam
- Women sue doctor claiming sexual assault, inappropriate contact
- People falling for scam involving someone posing as law enforcement
- Car accident claims life of Hamilton woman
- Columbus woman receives Today Show makeover
- FBI warns of potential ATM hack
- Police investigate Kosciusko bank scam
- AT&T warns of phone scam
- Tupelo PD: Beware of scams