ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A South Carolina woman is accused of killing her husband by poisoning him with eye drops.
Lana Sue Clayton was charged with the murder of her husband, Stephen, after poisonous levels of tetrahydrozoline was discovered in his system.
That chemical is found in eye drops.
According to police, Clayton admitted to giving her husband the substance without his knowledge over a period of several days.
Neighbors of the couple told CNN affiliate WSCO that the couple had been married for eight years.
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Woman accused of abandoning disabled husband
- Jury selection goes slowly in SC dad's death penalty case
- SC News anchor and photographer killed when tree falls on their SUV
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- Husband injured, woman charged in Lowndes County
- Woman dies, husband sent to hospital after crash
- Iuka man, Tennessee woman charged in death of her husband
- Woman indicted for murder of husband in Monroe County
- Several eye drops and ointment sold at Walgreens and Walmart recalled