COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - On Tuesday, voters in Columbus cast their ballots in a runoff special election for the vacant Ward 1 council seat.
Unofficial results show Ethel Taylor Stewart pulling in 60.80 percent of the votes.
Gene Taylor | Photo: City of Columbus
Liz Terry came in with 39.20 percent of the votes.
City officials said a small number of affidavit ballots would need to be counted, but that would not change the winner.
Stewart will fill former councilman Gene Taylor's term. Taylor died earlier this year.
- Runoff election results for vacant council seat in Columbus
- Runoff election to decide vacant Columbus City Council seat
- Beard wins special election runoff for Columbus City Council
- Columbus special election heads to runoff
- Columbus holding special election to fill vacant councilman position
- Special election in Water Valley ends in runoff
- Some counties experienced issues on election runoff day
- Runoff election set for voters in Winston County
- Special election set for vacant Aberdeen alderman spot
- Executive director resigning from Columbus Arts Council