STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -David Chandler of North Carolina is running across the United States to raise money for children with mental health and substance abuse issues. Saturday night he stopped in Starkville and said he plans to remain there for a break on Sunday.
Chandler started his journey September 25th in Santa Monica, California.
His goal is to raise five thousand dollars for his cause.
After leaving Starkville, he said he will head to North Carolina, the end point for his trek.
To learn more about Chandler’s goal, click here.
- Runner raising money stops in Mississippi
- Race raises money for breast cancer programs
- Mississippi receiving federal highway money after floods
- Jeb Bush coming to Mississippi to raise money for Tate Reeves
- Mississippi narcotics agents sue over pay raises
- Man will ride his wheelchair 88 miles to raise money
- Saltillo police raising money to help less fortunate on Thanksgiving
- Local elementary school raises money for child shot in neck
- Annual charity roast raises money for Tupelo free clinic
- Wrestling benefit raises money for 6-year-old battling cancer