GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) - The roof of a historic church in Grenada has collapsed.
Belle Flower Baptist Church has seen better days and has not been used in months.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. spoke at the church, which was founded in 1868.
A storm damaged the roof in March 2017.
“My hope for the old building would be that it becomes a Civil Rights museum,” Pastor Randy Jackson said. “There are plans from the city, and one or our senior councilmen has plans for the building.”
When will those plans come together? That’s unknown.
- Roof of historic church collapses in Grenada
- Roof collapses, injures two firefighters in Grenada
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- Worker falls through roof of Amory church
- Four Shot In Grenada County
- Grenada police investigate deadly shooting
- Church Street School receives funds for new roof
- Fire destroys historic church in Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Missing boater found in Grenada Lake