COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred at the Family Dollar store on Main Street.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton confirmed a robber pulled out a knife on an employee.
“There was an individual that was confronted by a black male demanding money,” he said. “The subject took a small amount of money and left the area on foot. No one was injured. The incident occurred outside.”
The incident occurred Saturday at approximately 4 p.m.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
- Robber pulls knife on Family Dollar employee
- West Point police search for Dollar General robber
- Man accused of pulling knife on store clerk in Tupelo
- Columbus police searching for robber
- Tupelo police seek Walgreens robber
- Family Dollar will close nearly 400 stores
- Holly Springs police search for store robbers
- Accused bank robber expected to plead guilty
- UPDATE: Accused bank robber pleads guilty
- Bank robber sentenced for Yalobusha crime