GRAY, Ky. (WTVA) - A Ripley, Mississippi, man is wanted in Kentucky in connection to a fatal shooting.
The man is identified as Phillip Lee Lewis III, 24. He's wanted in Kentucky for murder and robbery.
Surveillance photos from A&B Quick Stop | Photo: Kentucky State Police
A&B Quick Stop | Photo: Kentucky State Police
The shooting happened in Knox County on Jan. 16 at the A&B Quick Stop sometime near midnight.
Kentucky state police said an unknown man entered the store and pointed a handgun at the clerk.
A bystander in the store attempted to flee from the store when the man fired multiple shots at the bystander.
The bystander, Gary Medlin, 25, of Barbourville, Kentucky, was shot and killed.
Police say the shooter then left the store.
State police say Lewis is also wanted in Mississippi for a probation violation. He also has ties to Michigan.
- Ripley man wanted for Kentucky murder
- Ripley man reported missing
- Power outage at Ashley Furniture in Ripley
- Ripley mourns following deaths of students
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Ripley shooting
- Ripley PD look to ID warehouse burglar
- North MS Tool relocates operations to Ripley
- Flames erupt at furniture plant in Ripley
- Ripley man charged with drug possession in Monroe County
- Ripley man accused of stealing ATV in Prentiss County